Tuesday 29 November 2011

When you fall asleep or advantages of Sirsasana (headstand)

   Now, when the days are shorter and shorter we fill the tiredness more then before. How to wake up in the morning  when the sun is still far? Headstand. This is a good way to make move the energy, oxygen will fill the brain and our mind becomes more clever. We can stay as long as we can (until it's comfortable for us!). Of course, don't do it immediately after leaving your bed, do 3-4 rounds of surya namaskar (sun salutation) before, it will facilitates to do asanas after, and reduce the probability of harm.

   Recommended also for students during the exams (don't do it  when you are already in the university in front of the teacher's room :) ) but during the studying, do the break for a walk with pranayamas, some asanas.
    I was doing it during my exams, sometimes I thought that I am loosing the time, that it can be better to continue read and learn hall day, and the walk will only disturb me, but it wasn't. Just 15 minutes of walk and 15 minutes of asanas, especially headstand, improves the condition of the brain.
   My first exam is already the 3th of January, so I will begin to keep longer my asana ;) And if you are interesting about advantages and anatomical explaining of headstand you can read more in the "Anatomy of hatha yoga" of H.David Coulter.
  I would like to finish today's post with the Swamiji's words that I read today “Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.”  These words need not to be commented

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shubh raatri and good night or how to sleep

You see the first stars, moon is getting more and more bright...  left and right, left and right...you are still awake, no more sheep to c...