Friday 25 November 2011

Mouna Sadhana

Mouna- is the spiritual practice of inner silence. Not so much to do, just stop  talking, even to yourself, for an hour or more if you want conserve more energy.

Swamiji says that during speaking as during any other activity we lost our energy. "The organ of speech brings great distraction of mind. Control of speech really means control of mind" So it can be a good practice when you are feeling realy tired and you need "reload" your nervous system. Even in psychology we are talking about advatages of "no speaking". When we are suffering from professional burn-out, russian psychologists recommend to practice as they call it"white days". Dont talk for one day, or more, or just try to talk less as usually. It helps to calm your mind and learn us to control the emotions.

By my own experience I can tell that after "lot of speach day" :) even after one hour of mouna I was felling more calm in my mind, and I realise that my mind likes it. Of course, other part of me tell me "to much silence, its so boring, turn on the music, sing something", but if you always remember that your mind is powerful you will never give up.

So, let begin only by one hour for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shubh raatri and good night or how to sleep

You see the first stars, moon is getting more and more bright...  left and right, left and right...you are still awake, no more sheep to c...